Last Updated: March 6, 2015
4. Rewardee Nominations. You will have the ability to nominate a Rewardee (defined below in Section 5) for promotion on the Site. You must complete all steps and provide all the information required (as set forth in the application) in order for us to review your nomination. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to accept or reject any nomination. You understand and agree that we are in no way obligated to choose or accept your nomination. You represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights and permissions to legally nominate an individual to become a Rewardee.
5. You will have the ability to use the Site to reward the individual or individuals (the “Rewardee(s)”) from the stories we publish on the Site. Rewards may consist of monetary donations and/or messages posted to a Rewardee’s story. If you choose to make a monetary donation you will be required to select an approved charity of your choice (the “Charity”). In the event we are unable to deliver your monetary donation to the intended Rewardee your donation will be delivered to the Charity. You understand and acknowledge that WorldRewardsYou is not classified as a non-profit or charitable organization and any monetary donation made by you will is not eligible as tax deductible. You understand and agree that any monetary donation made by you is a gift and does not constitute payment or compensation of any kind. All monetary donations will be deposited directly to the
Rewardee’s account. Your Reward will only be used for the intended Rewardee or Charity, as the case may be, and will never be used for any other purpose.
6. Payment Terms. You acknowledge and agree that an automatic non-refundable service fee of eight percent (8%) (the “Service Fee”) will be applied to all monetary donations collected. The Service Fee will be processed through PayPal’s adaptive payments API. We will use the Service Fee to cover PayPal’s transaction fee of two point nine percent (2.9%) plus thirty cents (.30 USD) per transaction and our fee of five percent (5%). You acknowledge and agree that we are not a chartered banking entity and that we are not holding monetary donations on behalf of the Rewardee. You acknowledge and understand that WorldRewardsYou is not the same company as PayPal and you are subject to any additional terms and conditions of those Third Party Payment Processors. You acknowledge and agree that you will be responsible for any tax obligations on donation transactions paid to those Third Party Payment Processors.
7. Intellectual Property Rights. Subject to your rights in any of your User Content (as defined in Section 9 below), WorldRewardsYou retains all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights in (a) the Site including, without limitation, text, scripts, graphics, interactive features and the like, and (b) the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), owned by or licensed to us. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site and no implied license is granted by us. You agree not to engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Site other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of content of third parties obtained through the Site for any commercial purposes.
8. Conduct on Site.Your use of the Site is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and you are solely responsible for the substance of your communications through the Site. By posting information on or through this Site, you agree that you will not upload, share, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content including, without limitation, text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information that: (a) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to child pornography, sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates our rules or policies; (b) victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability; (c) infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party; (d) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as “spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling; (e) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; or (f) impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives.
12. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WORLDREWARDSYOU, AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, SATISFACTORY PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. WORLDREWARDSYOU MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (A) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (B) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SITE, SERVERS, AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION, (C) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE AND/OR OUR SERVERS, (D) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE THROUGH THE ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (E) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. WORLDREWARDSYOU DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR FEATURED IN ANY USER CONTENT OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WORLDREWARDSYOU WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO, OR IN ANY WAY BE, RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
16. Participation in Promotions. From time to time, this Site may include advertisements offered by third parties. You may enter into correspondence with or participate in promotions of the advertisers showing their products on this Site. Any such correspondence or promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such correspondence or promotions, are solely between you and the third party advertiser. WorldRewardsYou assumes no liability, obligation or responsibility for any part of any such correspondence or promotion.
17. International Use. Although this Site may be accessible worldwide, we make no representation that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any offer for any product, service, and/or information made in connection with this Site is void where prohibited.
20. You acknowledge that WorldRewardsYou does not control the interactions between any user and you, nor does WorldRewardsYou control any User Content. As such you acknowledge and agree that WorldRewardsYou does not assume any responsibility or liability for User Content generated by you or any user of the Site posted anywhere, including without limitation, personally identifiable information posted publicly, or the conduct of, you or any user, and you bear the entire risk of continuing to use the Site, including your interactions with other users. You agree that WorldRewardsYou will not be responsible for any claim, loss, liability, personal injury (including death), damage, cost or expense (including attorneys’ fees), incurred as the result of or relating to any User Content, or any interactions with other users or third parties, including disputes between you and other users regarding User Content, user dissemination of your User Content or any other User Content, and any and all other disputes or conflicts arising from your use of the Site. If there is a claim or dispute between you and any other user or third party, WorldRewardsYou is under no obligation to become involved. You understand and agree that WorldRewardsYou is not responsible or liable in any way for any communication, actions, or conduct between you and other users. You on behalf of you and your heirs, successors and assigns, hereby release and forever discharge WorldRewardsYou, and its parent company, affiliates, employees, contractors, agents, successors, and assigns, from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injury, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, any User Content, or any of your interactions with other users or third parties. YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”